Let’s Make a Deal: How to Get the Best Price
- Make a list … and stick to it!
- Check price-comparison sites, such as PriceGrabber or Shopzilla to get a manageable number of prices on products! PriceGrabber says it includes merchant ratings to help consumers filter out questionable stores.
- Remember to ask for a price match. Major retailers like Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot will match competitor’s prices if you can show the circular ad!
- Plan out big purchases. If you can wait a little while, track the prices of the item and grab a great deal when it comes around.
- Find online coupon codes that apply discounts when you check out (like Retailmenot.com)!
Once your new purchases are home, make sure you log it in your personal home inventory.
Wisconsin residents, contact a R&R knowledgebroker to ensure all aspects of your home are properly covered.